Episcopal Ministry to Convalescent Hospitals provides a supportive presence to Bay Area life-care facility and nursing home residents, their caregivers, and their loved ones. Our mission is to provide an intentional spiritual presence to elders by bringing the pastoral and sacramental presence of the church to them; by developing new strategies and partnerships for ministries with local Episcopal congregations and other community organizations; and by using human resources by recruiting, training and supporting volunteer visitors.
Our volunteers support people living in life care facilities by:
- Making regular visits.
- Conducting worship services, Bible study, and prayer groups.
- Offering spiritual and emotional support to residents.
- Hosting special events for residents.
- Supporting care givers and loved ones.
- Celebrating holidays.
- Leading memorial services.
- Making visits with canine chaplains.
- Engaging residents in horticultural activities.
We also provide the following services for faith communities:
- Volunteer trainings.
- Caregiver support groups.
- Information and referral to community senior resources.